DirectID is growing fast and thoughtfully. We are a remote first organisation and have been recognised as one of Scotland’s top 10 most flexible employers. We know we're not just building world-class products but also a world-class team and a set of sustainable development practices that will continue to deliver value as we scale.
We believe that the best work comes from cross-functional, self-organising, and diverse teams that take ownership of their processes and practices. You will be trusted to make things happen.
Our people set us apart and these are some of the words they use to describe our culture: Flexible, Fast, Compassionate, Potential, Professional, Fun.
Our values have grown organically through our behaviours and outcomes, driving everything we do We’re a Clan, With one Shared Vision, For our Customers and Brave at Heart.
As an engineer with DirectID, you will be helping produce a product used by customers worldwide to help people live their dreams. You will be working within a Scrum team to design, implement, test, and deploy our cloud products in a production environment. It is a full-stack position, and you will be working on all stages of the product lifecycle.
Our products harness the power of cutting-edge Open Banking APIs and include a React front-end to allow users to share their banking data with lenders to enable quicker lending decisions, and a set of APIs and microservices written in C# using the latest ASP.NET Core framework to let the lenders access that data.
- Experience in creating, analysing, and evaluating solutions to complex domain problems and in articulating your design decisions to stakeholders and other team members.
- Design and coding (C#) experience with developing Web APIs using ASP.NET / MVC / ASP.NET Core.
- Experience of relational database (SQL) systems and other storage technologies.
- Knowledge of software development best practices and focus on quality - automated testing, continuous integration, SOLID principles
- Understanding of the agile methodology and scrum framework.
- Experience of designing, building, and deploying cloud applications to Azure, AWS or Google Cloud Platform
- Understanding of web security best practices
- Experience with containerised and container orchestration platforms (Docker and Kubernetes).
- Experience with caching stores and message brokers such as Redis or Azure service bus
- A passionate promoter of collaborative development
- Experience working in a SaaS environment
- Familiarity with React
- Experience with NoSQL technologies such as Cosmos DB and MongoDB
- A team of passionate interesting people committed to your success.
- Challenging problems to solve.
- We're a growing company your contributions will be valued.
- £35-45k gross/pension/EMI share scheme.
- Continuous Professional Development budget (CPD).
- Uncapped bike to work scheme.
- Monthly recharge time.
- Clan events and workshops.
- Generous holiday allowance (we will insist you take it!).
- Home working contribution to set up (get comfy we want you to stay)
- Ask us about Flexible Working
(Please note benefits may vary based on candidate location)
Redefine an industry
We are on a mission to enable our customers across the globe to effortlessly make use of bank data to; better understand their customers, grow their business, revolutionise their offerings and delight with customer service.
At DirectID you will be working for a business that is redefining the industry for lenders and their consumers through our global credit & risk platform. This is an exciting stage in our growth and we’d love you to be part of the story.